Thursday, May 13, 2010

The New Old Blog that I Love

Today I rediscovered Penelope Trunk. I had read her work before over at Yahoo!Finance - I liked it there too. I like it even more now. I love her honesty - she puts it all out there. I have been enjoying her work so much that I can't seem to write more than a sentence at a time without flipping back over to finish trying to follow another story line.  With the Asperger Syndrome, the Farmer, her miscarriage, it is all so fascinating. In one post, she talks about how she and the Farmer use a technique discovered by Temple Grandin to calm farm animals to help her calm down and focus. 

I am so inspired by her posts and her blog that I want to be a better blogger.  I'm not even sure what that means for me.  I think it means that  I want to be able to write about a wide variety of topics that I find interesting.  I would like to be able to take the stressful moments of life and turn them into lessons, to give them meaning and value.  I also love a good story and would love to become a better written storyteller. 

The good news is that even Penelope says she has a hard time blogging, the bad news is there is only one way to get better at it, which is to just buckle down and get it done.

I found Penelope again thanks to Inc. magazine's 19 Blogs You Should Bookmark Right Now.

No comments:

Post a Comment