Sunday, January 1, 2012

Day 7 of 28

Here we are at the end of Day 7 & I am happy to report that I am down 6 pounds. (Hopefully, that is still true tomorrow am, although, I'll take better news too!)

I am getting in about 5 meals and I am not really hungry at bedtime.  When I am, I have some almonds or a fruit.  The rule is to have the sixth meal if you are hungry at the end of the day.  As I write this, I am snacking on pistachios & almonds.  I have been using the dry erase board on our fridge to keep track of what I eat every day.  It is a bit freeing to not count calories. This article from the NYTimes Magazine (free but registration required) suggests that my preoccupation with food may gone on for a very long time.  I still haven't managed to get exercise into the picture.  The good thing about work is that I usually get at least a 20 minute walk in every day.  I am planning on 2 - 20 minute walks this week when I go back to work.

This has been an easy week. The real test come Thursday.  Thursday is our earliest start morning.  I need to be at work by about 6:15 if not earlier to make sure everything is together for the 7:00 am morning briefing.  (I am so not a morning person.)  So my cooler needs to be packed and ready to go when I get to bed Wednesday night.  On Tuesday, we have play practice so I have to pack 4 or 5 meals instead of 3.  I can do this.  I just need to keep an eye looking ahead for my traps.  I need to look out for the places I can safely bet I will fall if I am not careful with my planning.

No comments:

Post a Comment