I opened the drawer for him.
I feel like I should wash all of those kitchen linens. But I must admit, I don't want to.
Prior to the foster cat adventure, I made some fudgy brownies. They were heavier than I like but not bad. The frosting was very good. The recipe is from my Better Homes & Gardens New Cookbook 75th Anniversary Edition. I'll be using the frosting recipe again, though, I'm not sure if I'll make these brownies again. Notes: I didn't sift the powdered sugar. I mixed the cream cheese right into the chocolate in the saucepan and then stirred in the powdered sugar. And as you can see below, I didn't chop the unsweetened chocolate. None of these changes were on purpose.
Fudgy Brownies with Chocolate Cream Frosting (printable version)
1/2 cup butter3 ounces unsweetened chocolate, coarsely chopped
1 cup sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla
2/3 cup all-purpose flour
1/4 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 cup chopped nuts (optional)
1 recipe Chocolate Cream Cheese Frosting (see below)
1. In a medium saucepan melt butter and unsweetened chocolate over low heat. Stir constantly. Remove from heat to cool.
2. Grease a 8x8 or 9x9 baking pan. Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees.
3. Stir sugar into chocolate mixture in saucepan. Add eggs, 1 at a time, beating after each just until combined. Stir in the vanilla.
4. Mix the flour and baking soda together in a small bowl. Add the flour mixture to the chocolate mixture until just combined. (If adding nuts, do so now).
5. Pour into prepared pan. Bake for 30 minutes if using an 8 inch pan, 25 if using a 9 inch pan at 350 degrees.
6. After they have cooled, frost with Chocolate Cream Cheese Frosting.
Chocolate Cream Cheese Frosting.
In a saucepan, melt 1 cup semisweet chocolate chip pieces over low heat, stirring constantly. Remove from heat, allow to cool some. In a small bowl, stir together 2 3 ounce packages of softened cream cheese and 1/2 cup sifted powdered sugar. Stir in melted chocolate until smooth.