Sunday, September 20, 2009

7 days!

Today was day 7 of my exercise run!  Tonight I walked all three dogs a total of 4 miles at a rate of 17 minutes per mile.  Eventually, my goal is 10 minutes a mile for 3 miles.  But that is some time off in the future.  I can't believe I have a 7 day run going!  Tomorrow, I am going to have to get up early. 

This morning/early afternoon in worship, in addition to all of the wonderful testimony given today, I thought for quite some time about the word namaste.  My yoga teacher had explained it as "the divine in me bows to the divine in you."  As I was thinking about it, I decided that it made more sense that I bow to the divine in you and the divine in me.  Then getting ready to write about namaste, I had to look up the spelling (I wasn't even close).  Wikipedia tells me that it means:
  • "I bow to that inherent in you" (That refers to divinity, or "that which is divine".)
  • "I respect divinity within you that is also within me."
  • "The light within me honors the light within you."
I think we could all spend a little more time bowing to the divine that is in each of us. Imagine how our political discourse would change if we all respected and honored our divine creator and that we are each divine creations.  No, I don't mean that we are each gods.  I mean that we are each and every one of us fashioned in the image of the creator.  That is a wondrous thing.   We are each of us uniquely formed.  Imagine the impact on our health care debate.  Imagine a world without an angry, vitriolic Glenn Beck.  Imagine. Okay, end cheese.  Back to the real world. :)



It is late, it is time for me to check in on my little empire in Realm of Empires, my current facebook addiction.  Then I need to head to bed, all this exercising is tiring.  Hopefully, tomorrow I'll have time to tell you about the Potato, Tomato, Spinach Soup I made for potluck after first day meeting.  I have some pictures.  It didn't turn out as planned and required 3, 3!, separate trips to the grocery store.

No comments:

Post a Comment