Wednesday, August 12, 2009

The NY Times

Obviously, I read NYTimes.com often. I usually stick to the opinion pieces, the political reporting, sometimes the book and film stuff. I don't read much about what is going on in the city, because I do not care what is happening in NYC. I do not care about what is trendy in the city or what the hip and happening are doing. I live in the mid-west. Articles like this one are why people hate New Yorkers and the NYTimes. Jezebel.com's Sadie describes the article as "remarkably nasty." Even after reading that little description I was stunned and very put off by the nastiness of the article. More than put off, I was disgusted by her disgust. I am annoyed enough to have a hard time writing anything more than Who the f-bomb does this woman think she is?

Don't get me wrong, I love snarky as much as the next person. I mean, I love Go Fug Yourself, and those ladies tend to have no mercy. In fact, I just spent the last ten minutes staring at over the horrible choices made at the Nick Teen Choice Awards (and I wasn't even taking into account Miley Cyrus). Between Ms. Wilson's "It took me a long time to find a size 2 among the racks." and her To this end, it has the most obese mannequins I have ever seen. They probably need special insulin-based epoxy injections just to make their limbs stay on. It’s like a headless wax museum devoted entirely to the cast of 'Roseanne.'" I think it has been a while since I intentionally read something so self-involved and condesending.

No comments:

Post a Comment