Friday, January 22, 2010

Life Update

I had an abdominal hysterectomy on Monday.  Good times.  I was released on Wednesday.  I am off work for at least 2 weeks, but possibly more. :(

I have been thinking about my blogging and 101 goals for a while now.  I haven't been blogging for a while because I'm listed on the foodie blog roll which means that I agreed to make sure that half of my posts are about food and cooking.  I haven't been cooking as much as I should for a variety of excuses.  But here we go, surgery is over, recovery is going well, it is time to get the show back on the road. While this post will talk about the chocolate waffles that are being cooked for me right now, the main point of this post is that I felt like I needed to revamp my 101 goals.



Chocolate Waffles page 647 of Joy of Cooking.  Excellent breakfast! I topped it off with strawberries!  Yums!  Definitely an excellent choice for breakfast.  JoC recommends you top these with ice cream, we will definitely try that one night!

I thought that I had some repeats on my list, but looking at my 101 list, I don't see any and I don't see any I can't do.  So I guess it is time to get it in gear!  Last month we did the Daring Baker's Challenge which was really fun and tonight we are getting ready to do this month's challenge (photos, recipe and adventure details to be posted on 01/26).  Next week, I am starting on the lose at least 80 pounds goals by starting with a healthier diet.  I am eating better this week, but I haven't been tracking my food and I have been drinking 7-Up.  I am planning to use SparkPeople.com to track my food.  I can't do any real exercise for 6-8 weeks.  In the meantime, I can and will eat better and take slow walks ~ well, slow walks when I am up for it. Right now, showering is tiring. 

Here is another picture from today ~ the beautiful tulips sent from family:



No comments:

Post a Comment