Saturday, October 17, 2009

Exciting Saturday Night

As a reward for all of her work this morning and afternoon, I took Kate to go see Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs. It was an adorable movie. And we went to a local theater so it was a bargain too!


Before we went to the movie, I tried another recipe from My Kitchen Cafe (I'm starting to develop a blog crush on her and her recipes!) This time, we went with her Skillet Macaroni & Cheese.  I cut the recipe in half.  She was definitely right about eating it hot.  It was delicious hot.  Unlike boxed mac & cheese, it actually some substance so you don't really need to eat nearly as much.  Kate did not seem to care much for it.  But this is the second time I have ever made real macaroni & cheese.  The first time was with a recipe off of the Velveeta box.  It was not good.  I will definitely be making this mac & cheese again. 

 

Last night, I bought a bottle of Newman's Own Wine. I wanted to chill it before dinner and then forgot about it.  I am so used to leaving vodka in the freezer that I didn't give it a second thought until this afternoon when I found it like this in the freezer.


The cork was still in, but just barely.
And finally, you will notice a few changes to the blog.  My favorite is this signature at the bottom of all of my posts!


No comments:

Post a Comment