Monday, July 27, 2009

Sandra Lee again

I'm not ready, I'm just not ready to leave her. I have decided to forgive her the craziness of the Kwanzaa cake. I made this decision tonight in the library when I checked out Sandra Lee Semi-Homemade Cooking 3. Then I promptly went home and made mac & cheese for dinner (Kate also had carrots & I had a turkey dog). Oh and it was Kraft. You know what else I checked out of the library, the 75th Anniversary Edition of Joy of Cooking. And, ah, then I made some Kraft Mac & Cheese (and I liked it).

I gotta tell you, for all the shit she takes online from the "experts", some of the stuff in this book looks good. And frankly, it makes me think I can cook. I could give a crap Anthony Bourdain like her or her style. I am in no way impressed by a man who eats sheep testicles, ant eggs, and other disgusting things. She really seems to piss him off. I like that she wants to connect with me and make my life easier. All while he is off gallivanting around the world eating rectums and other unfortunate body parts. He does not inspire me to want to cook for my family.

I think I am going to try to make a few meals from her cookbook. I will try to take pictures and share the results with you here.

No comments:

Post a Comment